Pecan Spooky Spiders
This time of year, we are always on the haunt for super cute and yummy treat ideas. We found these easy to make Pecan Spooky Spider recipe perfect for Halloween Treats. The secret ingredient to these scary little cuties is really BIG pecans. Of course, we think fresh Mammoth Pecans from Georgia are the biggest and the best!
- Small pretzel mini twists
- Rolo candies
- Pecan halves
- Chocolate coating or dipping chocolate, optional
- Semi-sweet mini morsels, optional
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees.
- Spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray or use a silicone baking mat.
- Put pretzel mini twists on cookie sheet.
- Unwrap Rolos and put a Rolo on each pretzel ring.
- Place Rolo pretzels in oven for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just softened, not melted.
- Remove from oven and gently smash pecan half on to each Rolo.
- To make Spooky Spiders, break mini pretzel rings to create legs.
- Stick the legs into the softened caramel and let set.
- Using a spoon, spread melted chocolate on pecan and place mini semi-sweet morsels in melted chocolate for the eyes.
- Cool on sheet and remove when completely cool
No time to bake and need a short cut? Try Watanut pecan turtles.
Recipe and image credit to Annie McDaniel of Miss Annie's Home + Kitchen blog.